Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The cake is in the Rain..........?

After years of saying I would write and share my story, and even having a title for the book that has not been written, formally, I guess this will be my beginning. I realized I have a story to tell, and now I have a voice to tell it with. I have written on paper for 20 years, who would have thought my first attempt is on a blog spot. This story is not just my story, it is the story that after years of life experience, when I tell it to others, they identify, they get it. I realized I am so not unique, what makes me breathe and move, and live, feel, and react, is the same thing as everyone else. I always remember the song McArthur's Park, I never "got" the meaning of the words, "someone left the cake out in the rain, I will never have that recipe again, I don't think I can bake it, cause it took so long to make it, etc....". I just knew that even the most introverted people in the bars and clubs got up and danced when Donna Summer 's song came on the juke box. It moved people, off the their chairs or barstools, at weddings, etc., why, it doesn't make sense to me, now or then. I have found in life that so much moves me to places emotionally, and I have no idea why, looking back, some things meant nothing, some I have no idea, some "I get". I always said I would title my book "Someone left the cake out in the rain", but it takes so long to explain the title and then most people who know the song, and were or saw the movement of emotion, get it, but those who don't, think maybe I was left out in the rain a bit too long, and like the cake, the recipe, for my sanity can not be found again. whoaaaa......